Ok Elena. I'm gonna give this a try and hopefully I will be able to keep it up! There is only a few, but I think I have to just tune in a little more to what the girls are saying. Most of the time they are pretty funny, but I am so used to the quirky things they say, that I don't realize they are funny until someone comes over, hears their conversations or has a conversation with them, and starts to laugh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Natalie: Mom! Look at my toe!
Me: What? What happened...
Natalie: It's bleeding.
Me: Oh. Why?
Natalie: I don't know. I stubbed it on something sharp. (with a "duh" look on her face)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While eating grapes at the table, Macie takes a bunch that are still on the vine. As she is picking them off of the vine, one of the stems comes off with the grape.
She looks at the grape and says: "What the..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brian picked up the girls from daycare and on their way to a park the Ke$ha song "Your Love is My Drug" song came on. I hate Ke$ha, but this song so catchy to me, so when it comes on, me and the girls rock out. Brian hates the song but decided to leave it on.
When it was done Natalie said: Daddy, my favorite part of the song is when she says "crack head." It's funny!
My influence is not so good on the girls apparently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ha! I am the same way with that Ke$ha song. Except Hailey has said to me that her favorite part is "I like your beard"...she repeats it for a while after the song is done. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I juts posted mine (I was outside ALL day today! Yay!) and linked to your post.
ReplyDeleteThe reason I started doing this is because
a) I always forget
b) my kids are always hilarious when others are around or, like you said, I'm more hyper aware when others laugh at their quirks.
In any case, I'm glad you're in. Good, good stuff.
P.S.-- I can't link from my blog here (I get an error message) so I'll just post it this way.
http://LaReinaElena.wordpress.com