So in continuation to the last post, we got a call from our pediatrician on Monday saying that it looks like Natalie has Celiac Disease. We are waiting for a couple more tests, but we have already started her on a gluten free diet. She hasn't gotten sick since Saturday and since we have taken gluten out of her diet, she is starting to get that sparkle back in her eyes.
On top of finding out that news, the girls both developed a cold over the weekend, and after having low grade fevers for two nights, I decided to take today off and bring them into the doctors office. It turns out, both girls have ear infections in their right ears, and they both need to be on a nebulizer throughout the day. Natalie is needs it 2-3 times a day and Macie needs it every 4 hours until their coughs goes away.
I will say that even though everything above mentioned completely sucks, I love my kids doctors office. I'm not just talking about the pediatrician. I'm talking about Crystal who works at the front desk, LeeAnn, our pediatricians nurse, Amy, who used to be the nurse we saw and Rachel, the nurse practitioner who works at the clinic. They know the names of our girls and both Brian and I. They truly care about what is going on in our lives. An example of this is when I went in today, LeeAnn came out and told me that she was crying yesterday after hearing the news about Natalie. They care about the girls like they were their own and that means so much to us.
I also can't say enough about Maureen, Nattie and Macie's daycare lady. She treats the girls as if they were hers and as a working parent, that is exactly what I needed in a daycare provider. She wants as much information about the disease so that she can make Natalies life as normal as possible at daycare. Tonight we went to Valley Natural Food grocery store together to look for some food for Natalie. She will also be coming with us to the nutricianist appointment we have in a few weeks. She has been such a blessing in our lives.
I am surrounded by family and friends that are so supportive and I truly appriciate everything people have done for us. Whether that be calling to find out about the girls or simply just thinking about them during the day. Your thoughts and prayers have been heard and we are so grateful. Thank you.
On top of finding out that news, the girls both developed a cold over the weekend, and after having low grade fevers for two nights, I decided to take today off and bring them into the doctors office. It turns out, both girls have ear infections in their right ears, and they both need to be on a nebulizer throughout the day. Natalie is needs it 2-3 times a day and Macie needs it every 4 hours until their coughs goes away.
I will say that even though everything above mentioned completely sucks, I love my kids doctors office. I'm not just talking about the pediatrician. I'm talking about Crystal who works at the front desk, LeeAnn, our pediatricians nurse, Amy, who used to be the nurse we saw and Rachel, the nurse practitioner who works at the clinic. They know the names of our girls and both Brian and I. They truly care about what is going on in our lives. An example of this is when I went in today, LeeAnn came out and told me that she was crying yesterday after hearing the news about Natalie. They care about the girls like they were their own and that means so much to us.
I also can't say enough about Maureen, Nattie and Macie's daycare lady. She treats the girls as if they were hers and as a working parent, that is exactly what I needed in a daycare provider. She wants as much information about the disease so that she can make Natalies life as normal as possible at daycare. Tonight we went to Valley Natural Food grocery store together to look for some food for Natalie. She will also be coming with us to the nutricianist appointment we have in a few weeks. She has been such a blessing in our lives.
I am surrounded by family and friends that are so supportive and I truly appriciate everything people have done for us. Whether that be calling to find out about the girls or simply just thinking about them during the day. Your thoughts and prayers have been heard and we are so grateful. Thank you.
my aunt and my cousin both have celiac's.it's really a pretty manageable condition - especially with a resource like valley around. just this evening, in fact, i was enjoying some gluten-free oreo-type cookies i purchased at valley. yum!i'm glad you've finally got some sort of diagnosis! :)
ReplyDeleteI have told this to Brian a few times but you may want to check you house for Radon.
ReplyDeleteI am happy for the news, and sand for you. Between Allies Milk issues and Naters Wheat issues, it is a good thing the MOA closed Cereal Adventure Land!
Messa is a funny dude. Hang in there, woman. You'll figure it all out.
ReplyDeleteWe got those for Natalie. They wern't too bad, but the cookie part was pretty hard. She took the cookies off and ate the middle like a waffer.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It is a lot right now, but it can only get easier as far as I am concerned.
ReplyDeleteDo you have someone you trust that we can contact? I am getting to that point of sending the girls somewhere for the day, opening up all the windows in the house and bleaching EVERYTHING!
ReplyDeleteDon't bother ... I have a Radon Detecting Kit I bought at Toys-R-Us that works really well. We'll give it a whirl tonight.
ReplyDelete