------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian and I said a few words to thank Pastor Hollie. Here they are:
Gina:
I like the
middle of things
The middle
of an Oreo - preferably a double stuf
The middle
brownie
The middle
part of the pizza and pie. Brian eats the crusts.
I am a
middle child…which most of you know, but might explain a few things to the rest
of you.
And
relationships. I like the middle of relationships.
I’m not a
huge fan of beginnings and endings. Hellos and goodbyes.
When you
first meet someone, it can be awkward. What are we going to talk about? How
much of myself do I want this other person to know about me? How much of
themselves are they going to show me? I’m going judge them even though I try
hard not to. Are they judging me?
And goodbyes…well,
I don’t like them. At all.
The middle,
however, after my guard is let down and I don’t have to worry about those other
things, that is my favorite part. The “building and growing a relationship”
part.
I have truly
enjoyed our middle with you Pastor Hollie. Getting used to someone new after
being comfortable for 5 years is difficult. You handled it beautifully.
Although there
are many, one of the things I will be forever grateful to you for is handing us
the “No Exceptions” part of service. Now, whoever walks through our LOTW door
will know that it isn't the pastor welcoming them no matter what their
background is, it’s us. The congregation saying, we are glad you are here, come
and break some bread with us.
Brian:
Being the president when
Pastor Deb announced she was leaving, I was obviously involved in replacing
her.
We needed to find someone who
would help lead us through the process, but also willing to challenge our way
of thinking because it was critical to determine what was (and wasn’t)
important to us.
Your job was far from easy,
but you were exactly what we needed during this time.
Thank you.
This community, no matter
where God takes us from here, will forever be in debt to you for helping us on
our journey. You will always have a special place in LOTW’s story.
And…we’re definitely going to
miss you as well.
…hug…
No comments:
Post a Comment